Friday, February 19, 2016

My two sense on...

Despite Negativity, Americans Mixed on Ideal Role of Gov't

By Frank Newport: This story is part of an ongoing series on Gallup.com on Americans' views on the role and performance of government.

In the first paragraph in the start of the page I am asked if I can make a choice in regards to where is my stance along with the 35% of Americans who believe that they prefer an active Government that tries  in every way to improve the lives of its citizens or the other 37% of Americans that  prefer a government that provides only the most basic government functions with the remaining 28% somewhere in the middle. But before I can answer this question I would like to give some input as to what are my feelings towards politics and their functions. I will start with my own experiences with how people that I know feel about politics, how they affect their daily lives and just overall how important politics are to them. About a week ago I was talking to my friend who I will call CF on his thoughts about the current elections and his feelings on one particular controversial candidate who we all know and is getting a lot of attention for his unethical solutions on a series of complicated issues that are supposedly affecting the American economy as well as adding to the unemployment situation at a national level. now I do have my views on this particular subject and am one that firmly believes that albeit there some types of jobs that are overwhelmed with this particular work description from this ethnic group, that this particular area of "WORK" is usually not the type of labor that are highly sought after by Americans. And that most agricultural work which is filled by this group of immigrant workers is the type of labor that most if not the vast majority of American's frown upon anyway. I mean if those that are inclined to follow this ideal imposed by this candidate and if he would actually win and achieve something as outrageous as this proposal should congress accept, who fills in the gap left behind? I seriously doubt that the lower class like people from where I live to know what a tomato let alone a potato plant looks like, hell I myself do not know. Or maybe even perhaps fall back on the correctional system? I am sure that this is a grand solution to allow convicted felons whom maybe not all really bad ones work in their place. I can see this now, in Americas heartland all of those convicted Latinos, Blacks and all other none white ethnic groups picking veggies and fruits with armed deputies whilst longing to get a closer look at that farmer's daughter's butt. Yes this although not politically correct as not all convicts are rapists and killers and a threat since there are some that do go to jail as "Paper criminals" who for one reason or another fell behind on their child support and were thrown in there alongside the more aggressive cons that are sent in for murder and or robbery. And besides, the real bad ones are the white collar criminals that steal from the weak in order to live opulent lives with other people's money. Yes, while their poor black poor counterpart is in a crappy correctional system, these crooks are somewhere in a minimum security facility playing tennis and golf whilst receiving weekly family visits from family and friends.
But back on the topic at hand, the third paragraph on the first page of the column by Mr. Frank Newport states that overall the majority of people who make 57% of Americans believe that our Government has too much power. Now whether they are referring to the military aspect of the Government or the political aspect does not say, as most people do forget that our military although that it does rely on congress to decide budget spending for their new toys or the more appropriately called Department of defense budget, they still do whatever they think is best for us and keep it under wraps. I mean who do you think pays for areas like the "Dreamland" facility out there in the Arizonian desert lol! And no... I do not think E.T. lives there either.
But if you ask me whether our Government has too much power my response could very well be that it does, but so much more when it is convenient for it. Because I take into account that although it shouldn't be this way, that Government has a tendency to keep secrets from us. You can choose to accept this or you can choose not too, but anyone with common sense and a good education knows that throughout its history humanities politicians have always done this since people ceased to be hunter-gatherers and formed structured communities. In other words, it is our nature to do so for our own good. in fact I would rather have a few ambitious greedy people taking charge of important matters such as infrastructure and whatever part within a communities that require that complicated issues like our welfare, health, and overall well-being to help pay for all of this instead of having a Government similar to what some Dictator like Saddam would have done which is basically to eradicate the needy and see them as a nuisance. (So I guess you can get rich on my money but just do your job and don't over do it.) So yes, politics are a necessity, problem is that people are hard to trust, especially where vast amounts of monies are involved. Conservatives on the other hand would agree that this should not be the case, that the Government should do as little as possible without affecting our social structure and that if it can avoid things like taxing it's citizens (Rich citizens mind you.) to help keep and maintain anything that pertains to social help and aid that it should not be their responsibility to do so, and to this I respond with a resounding no... Because it should. if we are supporting them through our taxes then they have to give back to its citizens if they are going to tax us, and besides the one most hurt is the middle man anyway since the conservatives mostly are all rich Republicans in the first place so of course that they want to minimize being taxed as much as possible. So where do I choose to stand with respect to the first question on paragraph one? I choose to stay with the 28% and wait a while because this is what anyone with common sense would do. Yes, I know that it is indeed not a response that can give you the reader an explanation as to the why it is much more intelligent to just dwell on it to see in what direction the tide decides to turn. It can either be favorable towards one end or towards the other and like the rich do when it is convenient for them to make a choice I must have this same right to do so too.

1 comment:

  1. My two sense on...
    Despite Negativity, Americans Mixed on Ideal Role of Gov't

    ReplyDelete