Sunday, January 8, 2017

SORRY FOR THE DELAY...


This past year of 2016 has been very hard on my goals, as stated on my previous blog I had had a very stressful semester and this coupled with my severe depression complicated things even more. I took it upon myself to seek professional help despite me being apprehensive about it and strongly feel that it was the best thing that I could have done at the time. Now going about close to over 8 months receiving treatments and utilizing satraline a.k.a. "Zoloft" to keep my depression from overtaking my life I feel a bit of freedom without the dire need to feel more productive. My lack of productivity and the need to find employment took it's toll on my emotions of which I kept under wraps without having any way of venting out to anyone that could have given advice to motivate me. I guess that at the end of the day it is we who control our lives and decide what we allow to enter in our thoughts whether it may be positive or negative. I dare say that thanks to my condition, that I can at least find some consolation in having had this experience with this illness. I have learned albeit rather slowly to better understand myself through my depression. And thus have more respect towards myself and all others who had no way of understanding what i am going through. I am more appreciative of the simpler things in my life that I took for granted when I was economically stable. Life has a way of throwing the so called curve ball at us in our most inconvenient times in our lives and some handle this better than others. I am just grateful that I had somewhere to seek the guidance I needed when my turn came. I have also gained more interest in my writing of which I am very passionate. I hope that for the sake of a better word, that I can continue to "Summon" my inner strength and rational to continue on my path as a writer. I have gone so far as to volunteer as a creative writing instructor at the Poe Park Writers guild where I can at least remain in something that can contribute to my growth as a writer. I have met a group of very interesting people each with their own special set of talents that have both served me as inspiration and motivation to be the very best that I can be in this profession. I know that at this moment I am not making any money, but never the less as life has taught me that it is in giving that we open new doors to better and bigger opportunities. I now have a little more appreciation for myself. With this said, never forget that it is we that allow many of life's adversities with the thoughts we allow to enter. May anyone that reads this find comfort if their going through depression. Remember that you are special and very significant to all of those that know you and are part of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment